Question about compiling in script source directory

Area for english topics
Antworten
kittmaster
Question about compiling in script source directory

Beitrag von kittmaster »

I only just found ISN recently after picking up an abandoned project that used autoit.

I was using the SciTE to do most of the work, when it compiles, it creates the .exes (x32/x64) in the same folder as the script, which is what I would expect as it used the #Region directives as I filled out the parameters and settled on what I needed.

I would like this IDE to do the same, when I looked through the options, I saw the variable: %LastCompiledFile_source% which I thought would be what I'm looking for, but that didn't take or I put it in the wrong spot. The executables keep showing up outside the script folder (in this case c:\30) and end up in Documents\ISN AutoIt Studio\Data\Editormode.

The help file says to adjust Aut2exe's path, but when I was using SciTE, it just did it right in the same folder, so since I didn't change anything, I expect that is knows the path already, but ISN keeps building it in the documents folder.

How do I resolve this? I like seeing the files build in the same folder because of all the changes and I can watch the timestamps change in real time when the build occurs.

Please advise.
TY.
ISI360
Administrator
Re: Question about compiling in script source directory

Beitrag von ISI360 »

Hi

Do you use the ISN in the project mode or the editor mode?

In the project mode, the default compile action of the ISN is to compile the project in a complete seperate directory (path for finished projects). As an alternative, you can choose different compile settings in the Projectsettings of the ISN.

In the editormode, all files should be compiled in the current directory. (Exept the directives tell the wrapper an alternative path)

Tipps:
- The easiest way to compile a file is, right click -> Compile -> Compile this file. (Here again normaly in the same dir, if no other options are set in the script)

- You could also Use macros. You could made a macro to compile a specific file to an specific location. And you cloud also assign this macro to a macroslot, so you can easily "run" it via the toolbar of the ISN or an hotkey you define.

hope this helps!

PS: MAybe you can post your used #Region directives, so i can test it.
kittmaster

Beitrag von kittmaster »

Thank you for not browbeating me on what I'm sure may be asked over and over by noobs new to the app like myself, I did look through the forum, but couldn't find anything that matched my query.

I literally just discovered autoit (everything about the ecosystem) after picking up the abandoned source code for a project last week, so I naturally started looking for an IDE ( I use VSCODE and VS Studio all the time) for debugging etc etc.

I believe I am using it in editor mode as it is not creating a base project and support files in the same folder or in the documents folder (that I can see). I execute by File > Open > MyFile.au3 and it opens in the editor > do some work on the file > F7 to compile > Aut2exe pops up like SciTE > success > executable x32/x64 files land in the documents folder as mentioned.

You requested the Region info:

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=fav.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile=MyTool-3.0.1-x32.exe
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile_x64=MyTool-3.0.1-x64.exe
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Compile_Both=y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=3.0.1
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_LegalCopyright=by Kittmaster
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_SaveSource=y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Language=1033
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Description=MyTool v3.0.1
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

This was auto generated when I was using the Aut2exe tool initially and the program auto updated the .au3 file as I added items; then the "compile" from within SciTE tool where it finally landed on what you see here and has not changed over at least 50 different compiles after it stabilized those directives you see.

I "prefer" not to have to create macros......because.. I'm lazy.... LOL. The way I read the help file, I thought it would follow the way SciTE would execute it...which is in the same folder as the script. When I go back to SciTE, it works like it always has.. so I was confused as to why ISN didn't do exactly the same thing as it was calling the same program to build the script to executable, but maybe it is something simple I'm missing because this IDE setup is new to me. I really do prefer to use ISN because it looks and feels just like VSCODE and Studio... so hopefully it is something really simple so I can keep my workflow the same.

Thank you for the quick response on this. Seems like a great tool when married with the debugger that works with it.

Best,
Chris
kittmaster

Beitrag von kittmaster »

Confirmed editormode, in the editor window, I right click, there is no option to "compile file" anywhere to be found in the context menu.

I tried again on my 2nd machine (laptop) and it's doing the same thing, putting the executables in the documents folder.

Thank you.
ISI360
Administrator

Beitrag von ISI360 »

Hi

I can confirm there is a problem/bug with compiling in editor mode. I will fix that in the next update.
In the project mode it works as it should.

As a workaround at the moment I recommend you the following: Merege your project intro a ISN Project. It´s really easy and if you wish, no files of your project are touched. You don´t even need to change the folder path of your project if you wish.

Just do the following:
- Start the ISN and clock on create new project
- Fill in Names, Author and so on.. (you can name the .isn file as you wish)
- Important: In the "template for new project" area, select "Create new project from an existing .au3 file). Select your main scipt of your project.
Also check the checkbox "Use this path as root folder" if you won´t change your project folder. (So nothing in there will be touched, it just creates the new .isn file in this direcotry..nothing more.)
- Click on Create project and you should be ready. In the future you can directly open the ISN, open this project an you have everything you need. (Some features of the ISN do only work in the project mode...so i strongly recommend using this mode.)

Hope this helps.
kittmaster

Beitrag von kittmaster »

I'll give that a try, thank you for looking at it.

Just curious, how often do updates occur on this program? I know some are yearly, half year, some near real time. I really like the interface and will probably use it for other projects.

Either way, thank you for the help and I will report back.

Regards,
Chris
kittmaster

Beitrag von kittmaster »

Also, I did post an issue in the bugs forum regarding the installer not using the selected language when selected. I did an actual video of it in action so you can see it in real time for clarity.

viewtopic.php?t=223

Best,
Chris
ISI360
Administrator

Beitrag von ISI360 »

Yeah there is no regularly update intervall. But the next update will be ready in the next weeks.
Antworten