Problem with large script

Area for english topics
Antworten
AimHigher
Problem with large script

Beitrag von AimHigher »

First of all, thank you for a really great piece of software.
I am using ISN version 1.10 (20191105)

I am working on a rather large script and everything was going great until the number of lines in the script got large.
First I thought it was an issue with my computer but the same thing happens on three different ones.

The problem is that the further down I get in the script, the slower ISN responds when selecting or sometimes typing text.

I am able to replicate the issue by creating a file e.g. with 6000 + lines. (I just copied some random UDF scripts into one large file).
If try to select some text e.g. by using the mouse or arrow keys, at the top of the script everything is fine.

However, if I go to the bottom of the script, when I select text, using the mouse or arrow keys, i can select something like 4 or 5 characters. After that ISN starts lagging and it takes several seconds (or longer) before the text gets selected.

Is this a known issue or does it only happen to me?
If so, any workaround anyone can think of?

I have attached the test file I used to replicate the issue.

Best regards,

Thomas
Dateianhänge
Test_selecting_text_in_large_file.zip
(43.66 KiB) 485-mal heruntergeladen
ISI360
Administrator
Re: Problem with large script

Beitrag von ISI360 »

Hi Thomas

I guess the lagging is caused by the option to automatically highlighting matches when selecting text.
This function automatically highlights other matches of your selectes text in the script...and as you script grows it could take longer to find all matches.
If you don´t need this funtion, you can disable it in the program settings under script editor -> "When selecting automatically highlight matches".

Maybe that helps you.
AimHigher

Beitrag von AimHigher »

Yes! That seems to have done the trick.

Thank you very much for you help.

Best regards,
Thomas
ISI360
Administrator

Beitrag von ISI360 »