Debugging in Studio

Area for english topics
Antworten
ocsscott
Debugging in Studio

Beitrag von ocsscott »

Is there any form of line by line debugging in the studio, something where we can step line by line thru the code. I'm new to this editor but just cant find it. I want to have a breakpoint and be able to look at values of variables and single step thru the code line by line. Is this possible? if so how please?
ISI360
Administrator
Re: Debugging in Studio

Beitrag von ISI360 »

Hi

You can enable advanced debugging via DBUG in Tools -> Debugging -> Advanced Debugging -> Enable.
Then every script will be startet with the DBUG Tool..where you can do such things.
ScottSaltz

Beitrag von ScottSaltz »

How can I set a break point in my code?

Is there any documentation yet for using the Advanced Debugger? What I have figured out so far is very cool and would like to read up more about it.

Thank you very much for you hard work on the debugger code, as well as the Studio! I love it.

Scott
ScottSaltz

Beitrag von ScottSaltz »

Ah ha, I found it - Ctrl-F2

Once the debugger is started (F9), I was able to find a button for it - the tool tip says Ctrl-F2, which works in the editor.

Scott
ISI360
Administrator

Beitrag von ISI360 »

I'm glad if you like the ISN ;)

The ISN uses the external "Dbug - another debugger for AutoIt" debugger, which is not made by me.
This debugger is also avaible standalone: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/file ... or-autoit/

If you have questions about DBUG, i guess you find the answers there: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topi ... or-autoit/
Antworten